- In a 2D sketch, click a face or work plane to set the sketch plane.
- Click Sketch tab Create panel Project Geometry.
- In the graphics window, click the geometry that you want to project onto the sketch plane.
- To finish, right-click and choose Done, press Esc, or click another command.
- 1 Which command is used for geometry projection?
- 2 How do you project sketch on surface inventor?
- 3 How do you create a project in Inventor?
- 4 What is project geometry in Inventor?
- 5 Who invented projective geometry?
- 6 Why are sketches locked in Fusion 360?
- 7 What does Fusion 360 project do?
- 8 How do you make curves in Inventor?
- 9 How do you sweep in Inventor?
- 10 How do you use Projects in Inventor?
- 11 How do I create a Project vault?
- 12 How do I change the Project location in Inventor?
Which command is used for geometry projection?
PROJECTGEOMETRY (Command) Projects points, lines, or curves onto a 3D solid or surface from different directions. By projecting geometry you can do on of the following: Project points or curves onto a 3D solid or surface.
How do you project sketch on surface inventor?
Project Curves to Surface
- In an active 3D sketch, click 3D Sketch tab Draw panel Project to Surface.
- In the Project to Curve dialog box, under Output, select how you want to project the geometry:
- In the graphics window, click to select the face onto which you want to project.
How do you create a project in Inventor?
Create a Vault Project File for new Autodesk Inventor Data Using the Project Editor
- Start Autodesk Inventor.
- In the Open dialog box, click Projects and then click New.
- Select New Vault Project from the dialog box, and then click Next.
- Name the vault project and specify the project location.
What is project geometry in Inventor?
In Inventor, you can project geometry from existing objects onto the active sketch plane. The Project geometry command projects model edges, vertices, work features, points, or curves from a visible sketch onto the active sketch plane as reference geometry.
Who invented projective geometry?
Projective geometry has its origins in the early Italian Renaissance, particularly in the architectural drawings of Filippo Brunelleschi (1377–1446) and Leon Battista Alberti (1404–72), who invented the method of perspective drawing.
Why are sketches locked in Fusion 360?
The lock symbol on a sketch means it is fully constrained (this is preferable). Also – you should take care of warnings in the timeline.
What does Fusion 360 project do?
In Fusion 360, you create projects to contain and organize your design data.
How do you make curves in Inventor?
In the graphics window, click a face, surface, 2D sketch curve, work plane, or part body to define the intersection. Click one or more faces, surfaces, 2D sketch curves, or work planes to intersect. Click OK to create the curve.
How do you sweep in Inventor?
Create a Sweep Along a Path
- Sketch a profile and path on intersecting planes.
- Click 3D Model tab Create panel Sweep.
- In the Sweep dialog box, click Profile and then select the profile to sweep.
- With the Path selection tool, select a 2D sketch, 3D sketch, or edges of geometry.
How do you use Projects in Inventor?
To Work with Projects
- Select File Manage Projects.
- In the Project dialog box, at the top, select a project.
- Click Apply. The selected file becomes active.
How do I create a Project vault?
Follow these steps to create a project in Vault.
- Create a new folder category that communicates the intent of your project folder.
- Identify a location in your Vault folder structure that you would like the project to reside.
- Create a new folder, name it, and assign it to a folder category.
How do I change the Project location in Inventor?
Change Location of Design Data folder for Project
- Click File Manage Projects.
- In the Projects dialog box, select the Project you want to edit.
- Expand the Folder Options folder.
- In the text box, enter the UNC path to the network location, or click Browse to locate and specify the path.
- Click Save.