Use the following solutions to work around this:
- Close and re-open the file.
- Turn off the visibility of the sketch. See QUICK TIP: Object Visibility and Selection Filters.
- Use the Select Other tool. See QUICK TIP: How to use Select Other.
- Toggle on and off the “Select Through” option in the Selection Filters.
- 1 How do you select hidden geometry in Fusion 360?
- 2 How do you select a line in Fusion 360?
- 3 How do you select a sketch in Fusion 360?
- 4 How do I edit a sketch in fusion?
- 5 How do you hide edges in fusion?
- 6 Why do sketches disappear in Fusion 360?
- 7 Why can’t I extrude a sketch in fusion?
- 8 How do you close a sketch in Fusion 360?
- 9 How do you edit sketches?
- 10 What does over constrain the sketch mean?
- 11 How do you update sketch in Fusion 360?
Click and hold the left mouse button over the hidden geometry to invoke the “Select Other” tool. Use this to select one object that is blocked or hidden.
How do you select a line in Fusion 360?
Perform a long left click on the lines. A menu will appear to let you choose which entity to select.
How do you select a sketch in Fusion 360?
Right click on your sketch in the browser and select Edit Sketch.
How do I edit a sketch in fusion?
To edit the sketch:
- Right-click the sketch in the browser tree.
- Select “Find in Timeline” to track the Base Feature the sketch is a part of.
- Right-click the Base Feature in the timeline.
- Select “Edit”
- Retry right-clicking the sketch in the browser tree.
- Select “Edit Sketch”.
How do you hide edges in fusion?
- (Optional) Change the Visual Style to with Hidden Edges in the Display Settings.
- Hover over the hidden edge.
- Left-click and hold. A list of the features will appear.
- Select the edge from the list. The selected edge will be highlighted in the design.
Why do sketches disappear in Fusion 360?
Click your Profile Name in the top right corner. Select Preferences. Select Design. Disable “Auto hide sketch on feature creation”.
Why can’t I extrude a sketch in fusion?
Right-click on the affected sketch within the timeline or the browser tree. Select ” Edit sketch “. Activate “Show Profile” and save the change. Re-test extruding the sketch profile.
How do you close a sketch in Fusion 360?
Learn how to finish an active sketch and return to the Design workspace in Fusion 360.. – Right-click to display the Marking Menu, then select Sketch > Finish Sketch.
How do you edit sketches?
Editing an Existing Sketch
- Click Sketch on the Sketch toolbar, or click Insert > Sketch. Select an existing sketch to edit.
- Right-click a sketch in the FeatureManager design tree, or right-click a sketch entity in the graphics area, and select Edit Sketch.
What does over constrain the sketch mean?
By adding another dimension or constraint, violates or contradicts existing constraints or dimensions. This produces the overconstrained condition in the sketch. If you want to go and then sketch a dimension on a third side, it will over define your sketch and violate the constraints that are already in place.
How do you update sketch in Fusion 360?
Update drawing views
- Make changes to the geometry or storyboard in the referenced design.
- Save changes to the design.
- Open the drawing that references the design.
- In the Application Bar, mouse over the Update icon. A message displays:
- Click the icon to update the design reference in the drawing.